Sunday, May 4, 2008

Reflection Post #2

This week, for my reading assigments i've had to finish reading " The Things They Carried" for My Reading Class. As for my other classes I mainly had to do research for both an essay and speech. Both of the essay requires a lot of research that demands you to do a lot of reading and analyzing. For my research for these two assignment I essentially found SQ3R to be very helpful. Since I had to reseach many different topics I found surveying to be very useful because I had to read a lot of differen't articles and current events to find information that I could use. Of course I had to read some of the article to be able to pull out information that I thought was useful to my research, but asking queastion seemed to help me the most because i had to keep in mind the topic of my research. I had to ask my self does this resource relevant to my topic does, or does it support the claim of my topic. I been doing a lot of research and I found using SQ3R to be beneficial because it helped to evalaute articles and draw important information from them. I suggest when you do any research try applying SQ3R to your research because it helps you to analyzes arguement at a much more effective level then just reading the reading the article.

No comments: